Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The 4 am post....

It's so quiet at the hospital at 345 am. The halls are empty and it is like a big cave. I always come in the through the ER doors and say HI to the admissions girls and they always have that look like they have surfed the entire internet and are drained of all brain power. I then walk toward ICU to clock in. This morning there was a person sleeping on the couch with Martha Stewart playing on the TV. They looked uncomfortable and I wished I could turn off all the lights for them, but they are programed to stay on. I'm sure the comfiness of the couch was the least of their worries. After I clock in I wonder down the hall past the coffee cart, past the quiet OR's and to my dark office...When I get in, I often want to just curl up and go back to sleep...but I don't have a pillow. I am going to put this on my list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off, can I say "That picture!!! =D" Cuteness personified!!

It sounds sort of horror movie setting when you go in that early.
~j