Thursday, August 14, 2008

unconditional


All people really want in this big world is to be loved.
Unconditionally and respectably loved.
Love may not make the world go round but it sure as hell makes it easier to bear. We all want to have someone light up in their eyes when they look at you...have someone know your slights and wrongs and say, "Hey, it's ok, we'll work around it."
Someone who makes you laugh and makes you cry, but won't run on the first problem.
I don't need diamonds....I'm actually quite low maintenance.
What I do need is a smile, a poem, a thought that comes from you to me.
I understand we are different. You can't read my mind but I bet you can guess what would take the edge off of my thoughts.
I am a smart woman. I can survive on my own with very little.
I don't want to have to do that. I would like for you to be happy
with me.

1 comment:

spiffydoug said...

Amen