Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dear Lord....


Dear Lord,
please help me to not strangle or at least to not amputate this small creature.  I realize she means no harm.  I also understand that she was "just looking for , you know, the little thing that goes with the Little Pets".  The problem is ,Lord, I didn't understand the magnitude of upkeep one tiny child would require and without my drink of choice, which I don't have, because the keeper of the cocktails is at band practice tonight and I don't feel right going to the liquor store with kids in tow....
even if they do pass out suckers there,( I do have some morals, thank you Monsignor Cunningham) I don't think I can do this...
I have asked for help before, but this time I'm serious.

2 hours later and hugs and kisses to the My Pretty Pony Beach Cabana, Weebles Treehouse and accessories, one Fisher Price Bus with blinking lights and real horn sounds (thank you Lord) packed into Target bags and placed in the back of the car to go to Santa's Workshop so that the elves could fix them up and send them to some other kids...
question asked by small self centered child?
"so I can get more, Mammoo?"
Yessssss...So Santa can bring more shit.  Soon Honey.

yes...and I do realize the room is bland compared to most...but at least it's clean
So Lord,  Thank you for giving me the strength....


Now maybe I can go write...and also try to figure out why the entire middle half is underlined.
.

3 comments:

Lapetitemort said...

Wow, you did good! I think I would have turned and closed the door and tried to be in denial about what was behind it, lol. You're a good Mammoo. =)

Mint Julep said...

OMG that was too funny! What a mess. My kids will not have any toys. Just tv to entertain them.
So, it looks bad to bring the kids to a liquor store? I'll have to remember that.
My husband just found out that you can't go for a run while your kid is taking a nap.

v8_grrl said...

Jen...I usually shut the door, but I couldn't get it closed it was jammed open with toys

mint....
I KNOW...I always swore I would have no toys...but look what happens.