Tuesday, October 7, 2008

hey de ho neighbor...

It's Tuesday...but you can see that from the time stamp.  I had my frst Operating Room Clinicals today.  Saw a double bilateral total knee replacement.  Not nearly as bloody as I thought it would be.  Not nearly as exciting either.  The scrub techs had a more exciting job than me.  Wah wah wah...  One more day of OR then I can move to the next subject.

I want to take a minute to not write anything great.  I should be writing a paper...but instead I'll take a minute to tell you about how much I love the Pumpkin Patch.  We went this weekend.  The big thing was the Tractor Ride.  It was such a big deal that Olive thinks she wants to be a farmer so that she can tote people around on a tractor.  She doesn't seem to understand that unless she is ONLY going to have a pumpkin patch...the only people she would be toting around would be migrant workers.  Oh well, why ruin the dream?  The Pumkin Patch is free and we get to get as many Pumpkins we can carry.  I LOVE FREE!!!  I got us up at 7 AM so that we could get first pick at the best pumpkins and we did GREAT!...Also got some cute pictures.  I edited them on Picnik...Does anyone else use Picnik?   



So what else you ask?  I'm sick of school and on top of that cooking dinners have become my least favorite chore in the world.  Is that wrong?  Is it wrong to offer your kids Pasta every night? I don't know, I just can't get my pea brain together enough to actually make anything worth eating...Why oh why can't kids just drink beer like me?  It's got everything we need.  Damn that business about growing and needing nutrients.

Next....Ilin wants to learn how to crochet so that he can make those little creatures and I don't have time to sit and teach him.  Anyone know of a super easy kid friendly book he can read and learn on his own?   He's been making these cool softies...they aren't perfect but they are creative and he thinks he wants to try to sell them on Etsy to earn money for his snowboard pass or something.  So I want to get him a book with actual patterns in it.



that's all for now. I need to write a paper

4 comments:

roXy said...

Hey Myssi, he needs to get a book on amigurumi. There are a ton of books with patterns to make all sorts of fun things. Also a basic crochet book. I can come over and teach him the basics...maybe next tuesday.

v8_grrl said...

yes...he would love that! I think I'm gonna get him one of those books. He's working on "sockboy" right now. whatever that is. He has been cutting out pattern pieces for 2 days now.
m

Lapetitemort said...

Those pictures are adorable =)

I'm no good with crochet except straight lines and some circles. =\
The little monster is cute, good job Ilin!

You so need a break.

Beer food of the gods! Oh and sneak in some wine for fruits ;p

j

JB said...

photofunia.com is super fun too!!!

I love Blue's monster!!!!! I will buy one - make that 2!!!

Love ya!,
J