I finally got started on my project for Olive's room. You may remember I picked up this little bookshelf/desk for 40$. I knew it had potential. I had previously worked on Olive's Dresser with paint and fabric and thought this time I would try something a bit easier and a bit more forgiving.
I took the back off so it would be easier to spray paint.
Lightly sand with fine grit sandpaper,clean with Naptha (my new favorite thing).
Spray paint until your finger gives out, then have a cocktail and start again.
Don't forget to take the hardware off.
I actually reused the hardware, it had a cool look
I need one glass knob for one drawer still.
get ready for the chair.
Remove the seat cushion and cut the fabric a few inches larger than the cushion.
I had some cool leftover fabric from a purse I was making. I was going to cover the seat myself but Bobby could barely stand to watch me with the staple gun...so he took over....
then hurt his finger,but Olive had some Band-Aids for him
chair all done.
I'm sure it will all be a mess by tomorrow...but I was able to clean her room, pack up stuffed animals and rearrange. Just in time for her 5th bday.
This project took:
1 old dresser thing
4 cans of spray paint in apple green
fine grit sandpaper
and a nice sunny day