Thursday, August 20, 2009

One more down...hey wait...

That's it!!!...no more kids!!! Hot damn diggity.


As I stated as I hop skipped and jumped to my bike, after dumping the youngest precious angel at her first day of Kindergarten,

"If I was a stay at home Mom... I'd be drinkin from a flask right now!!! Woop WOOP!!!"

Some young dad looked at me with wonder in his eye and said, "Lucky...I have two more at home."

haha naanny nanny doodoo...

No really, I take great joy in seeing the kids onto another milestone for them, and me. I know, I know, they grow up sooooooo fast. Yes, but that is ok, because if they are anything like the rest of my family, they never actually grow up and move out, so what ever I can do to help the process...including all day kindergarten...I'm for it!!!
I nicely packed an extra pair of pantaloons and shorts into her pocket in her backpack and whispered in her ear....Just in Case...that way you won't have to wear the "loaner clothes".
It probably won't happen...but just in case. (see, I'm a good mom)

I'm at work right now, thinking about going to the Toad Bar next door and having a celebratory shot just because.

Kindergarten...
5 years old...
She is so grown up and all I have to show for it is
more gray hairs, saggy boobs, and the thoughts that one day I will be able to vacation without kids.

2 comments:

Lapetitemort said...

~clink, clink~

Wahoo and a toast to you, almost free mom!

k said...

Excuse me---vacation without kids???? Wasn't it you with me -the old lady- with ALL her kids on vacation ...

Just kidding - when they are adults and can drink with you - they are a ton more fun...........