Monday, October 12, 2009

H1N1

Got an email today which required me to go get my H1N1 vaccine today.
I always have the slight feeling of being a guinea pig, but I'm all for it. If it can possibly help others I'll give it a try. I'm not all conspiracy theory type of a person and I think modern medicine is pretty cool...hell, look we have almost wiped out Measles in this country...

Anyways, it was a weakened live vaccine given as a nasal spray...side effects, sore throat and headache...I don't have either yet. But hell I often have a headache and the spray reminded me of the 80's (if you know what I mean). Zip Zip...one line up each nostril...except it was spray.

they gave me M&M's and a glass of lemonade for my troubles...

anyone else gotten their shots yet?

3 comments:

Megan said...

I got the regular flu shot this year. I had a slight temp the next day but other than that it was pretty easy. Still waiting on the H1N1 though!

k said...

Labor Day - Regular shot for both of us older folks. Want the H1N1, but not right before I leave for the island.

Douglas said...

Too old for the spray. Just waiting for the EIB goldmine!