Tuesday, January 5, 2010

not a good start


this little girl, TonkaToy, will probably pass today. She is 14 I guess and not doing well. She has , what I believe, kidney failure and even though I knew this was coming it isn't any easier.
She couldn't get out of bed this morning. I whispered in her ear that it was ok to go to the big doggie daycare in the sky....I hope she isn't in pain, I sure know I am.
The kids said goodbye to her before we left today just in case.
I cried all the way to work
and at work...


6 comments:

k said...

I know how you feel,to me it is worse than when a person dies (which just isn't right). Our puppies are always so loyal and loving.. Maybe Tonka will find her grandma up there.

v8grrl said...

awwwwwwwwww...and India...Ilin is torn up.

Cindy said...

Hugs to you and your family. xo

roXy said...

oh Myssi..
now I'm going to start crying, I love that little dog.

Douglas said...

It is such a sad thing to go through. My thoughts are with you and your family.

dark and light said...

What can I say...I put my cat down, day after X-mas 4 years ago. It's tough situation and one of the most horrible images burned in my memory. Really sorry. It's the price we humans pay for the beautiful bonds we make and endure with our pets. I guess when we open hearts to anything we have to brace ourselves for both the amazing wonders as well as the inevitable grief. To me it's worth it every time:)