Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I brought you in....I'll...

I feel bad...
I had it out with my 13 Y.O. I just couldn't take his nonchalant attitude towards school anymore. I asked him yesterday where his notebooks for school were. He actually looked me in the eye and said,
"I only have one."
Seriously...let me do the math....7 classes, full year of work and you have ONE EFFIN notebook? not even a 3 ring binder? REALLY?????? Why the hell do I go school shopping if we can just use one NOTEBOOK for the next 6 years!!!!????
and by the way, you little shit...I'd like to point out to you, that I have NEVER...ONCE....seen a graded paper from you. NOT ONE!!!!!!!! Where are they?
"Ummmmmm, I recycle them."
(nice terminology)
You mean you throw them into the garbage?...
I will kill you...do you get it? I have that ability, I am your mother, and as you know I brought you in; I can take you out, and no one will even question it...if you don't start bringing shit home, doing your homework, and using more than ONE EFFIN FOLDER for 7 classes...I will kill you....I will.
I seriously will.

I quit drinking yesterday...
I could have used a cocktail before and after that conversation.
Oh well...I treated myself to a Bubbly Water with a lime wedge.


I will kill him...seriously

4 comments:

k said...

Facebook??? Computer??? Telephone????
Seems we had the equivalent removed until things changed!!

Mint Julep said...

you quit drinking!?! bad timing mama.

Douglas said...

God bless you! I don't miss those days at all.

Shannin said...

I can give you a quick fix to the not bringing papers home. It worked for my son. You accompany him to school for all of his friends to see, then promptly begin to "clean" his locker out looking for all of the unseen papers. I totally humiliated my son, that I am sure of because he started bringing them home after that. I don't even know why he didn't bring them home. He had good grades on most of them. You'll make it until graduation. I did...almost anyway. Just 2 1/2 more months to go. Then my liver can start healing again. lol