Friday, June 18, 2010

Death to your soul


I still remember the day I decided to change my thought pattern. Well, maybe not the exact day, but, I remember. There were a couple of moments when things just couldn't really get any worse, and I decided why NOT try something different? I remember my dear friend, Amy, telling me to think bigger...think bigger....if your circle is not working for you...make it bigger, widen your cirlce. I remember watching Oprah ... I actually had a light bulb moment...see this post. See, your life is what you make of it. It takes stepping out of the box and changing the format. It's not about playing the blame game or the "yeah whatever" game. It's about saying Fuck This, I live one life I don't want to sit around Pissing and moaning about things which really won't even matter eventually. It isn't always easy and it isn't always perfect, but 9 out of 10 times you can turn it around by changing the actions ;and I love that strength. I, personally,have stopped dwelling on the bad parts of the past and the mistakes I have made over and over again to say to myself, "Well, damn Girl, If you know that is/was/continues to be a mistake...STOP doing it!"
Complaining feeds on itself, anger feeds on everything, and not letting go...that is sure death to your soul.
I have changed. I can breathe. Things are NOT always my fault and the anger people carry is not because of what I did or didn't do. It's from what they did or didn't do.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't really change anyone but your self. You can lead by being as true to your self as you can, and you can only hope that they will one day feel the strength to change.
It is such an easy task that I am baffled why more people don't just try it. Stop going in circles. Change it!!! It takes one little thought at a time, one new pattern to stick to and the world can open up and shine.
Put out what you want to get back. Think big and focus on the task at hand.

write ya later
m