Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Yesterday was gorgeous. We spent the day at the Westword Music Festival. In and out of small bars watching awesome local bands. We didn't make it to the end due to the fact ...well, we were plain ol tired. We started at 11 am at Broadways...had some of the best Bloody Mary's I've had in a while, then off to Dazzle for Mahi Mahi sliders and a set by the Informants. They were great as usual. It was also the start of Gay Pride Week so the company was beyond spectacular. It was great to be out and about in the sunshine with not a care in the world. Great friends and great music. One of my new favorite local bands I got to see yesterday was "Yerkish". They are the epitome of local awesome music that should be more well known.

Today is Father's Day. Daddy got a new drill and a Tshirt...and is now outside cursing at the hotrod. (starter is broken, he's trying to get a new one in before this guy comes to look at it)...While he is practicing his sailor speak, I finished up the cushions for the patio. They came out nice. I love it when a task is completed. I sat outside as Olive worked on her artskills and contemplated life. Life is good.


I work tonight. I am looking forward to a night of learning, as always.
Tomorrow I think I will start my next part of gardening. A path around the garden, removal of dead yukky grass and more perennials. I'll have to take a before and after. I hope everyone is having a great Father's Day

1 comment:

Synda said...

Love the cushions!! They look great...I want to come over and squash them while I drink a beer.