Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2nd

first of all
Happy Birthday Liz!!!

ok...
I got up and did my run. walked part but still went. My knee is so screwed that running has become more stressful than healthy. I still feel the need to burn the calories, so I still try to go, plus anyone who works out regularly knows that when you miss a few days you feel mentally crappy.

This post is going to jump around a bit, but I'm sure you are used to that with me.
I'm amazed that it is all ready July. I feel like I haven't really done much. I mean this weekend is the 4th, I got conned into working, so I won't even get to enjoy the one Summer Holiday that I love. I guess I'll buy a watermelon for work.

I figured out the border for the garden...beer bottles. I love the idea of reusing and recycling so when I saw the beer/wine bottle border I said "I'm doing it!"



I'll be using clear beer bottles and the few that I got in the ground catch the light beautifully. it's pretty neat. Ilin said we should put things inside some of them. Hmmm good idea. The whimsical garden is coming along,slowly but surely. I'm guessing by 2020 it should be done.

Next week we are driving to Grand Rapids, Mi.
Anyone have any suggestions for stops along the way. Good farmer's markets or festivals. I'll be awaiting your emails.

I'm trying to finish a shrug I started for Olive last year...my goal is to get that done before I leave so that I can start something else. :)
I have to go do some housework and then nap for the nightshift.

write ya later

2 comments:

Small Town Mutha said...

Your garden is going to be lovely.
You'll be driving past us on your way to Grand Rapids. Wave hello! We have very good friends that just moved there.If you can go a wee bit bit out of the way and you like good beer I highly recommend a stop at Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo-hey that stop could even help you with your garden!

Eliz said...

I love the bottles