Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To a Friend

I wish I could hand write this but no one writes on paper any more do they?  (I mean I do, but I would be scoffed at)


My dear friend,
Over time people change.  They grow, they learn, they move on to different things.  Hopefully, as we change we learn from our mistakes.  It's not always the case, but like they say, *if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.*
I know you are hurting, I wish I could take it all away, but that is impossible.  I was never invited into this, so I stay out.  I wish I knew what happened, so that I could have a talk with this other person...but that is not my business.  All I can do is listen, and hope , and try not to remember.  My arms are open, if you need a hug.  My shoulder is here, it is pretty strong, I can handle it.  
When I fall asleep at night I try to remember the good things, please try to do this.  My heart warms and I smile to myself...It's not going to always be like this.  People are hurtful, especially when scorned...You know this, and I know this too well.  
I asked you once if you still believe in  such a thing as  "true Love"?...You said "Hell Yeah!" with no hesitation.  That was a beautiful moment...That moment was the epitome of hope.  The skies opened and the sun shined in.
I've asked you to let it go, many times...You are not ready.  Calmness may be your answer.  People cannot fight against a calm soul.  There is no fight there.  It may take a while for them to realize, but there is no fight in a calm fight.  The fight they bring is their own anger, the anger towards their selves, for what they cannot have.  It is not about you. It is only effecting you. I think silence is sometimes the best fight for our hearts.  shhhhhh, be silent...let the fools make the noise.

You apparently are paying the price for whatever mistake you made, but I think it may be paid in full by now.  Monetarily, it is going to be a long haul, emotionally, rough...but it can end now if you just give in... and say, I'm done.  The little soul, who is left in-between will figure it out in the end.  It is a guarantee.  The world is not that cruel.

Friendships are limitless,borderless, and apparently timeless.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to pretend this letter is for me

thank you

Anonymous said...

Maybe in another life....