Friday, November 26, 2010

How does it happen?


You know, I try to be compassionate, loving,and such but I guess I just can't!  I'm a bitch.  Really.  I woke up this morning in a foul mood even though yesterday I kept it together quite nicely.
I was put on call for Wednesday night so I didn't have really any stress for Thanksgiving, which was quite nice.  A friend from the hubs work emailed and wanted to know if we could join them at their parents house.  Great!  That sounds fun. Eat with them Tday, then cook ours the next day.  It will be nice to be around family, even if its not ours.  
As luck would have it, and every other Thanksgiving or Christmas, Bobby was "sick".  It's a common theme around here.  He will never admit it but I believe it might be psychosomatic.
More Holidays than not, he is sick with a cold or runny nose or cough or flu.  
So, yesterday, he stayed in bed until 11am.  I made him call his friend and say we couldn't come over.  He stated that maybe he would be better later....hahahahahaha
As the day went on.  I did notice he was a bit too sick to actually help me with anything, but he appeared to be able to drink cocktails and talk on the phone.  So as my mood stayed up, because I swore I would be  nice, I could feel it boiling below the surface.  Olive helped me with the Thanksgiving meal.  You know we had to go through the normal hoopla of making that huge bird for Bobby, who only eats white meat, and I end up trying to figure out how to utilize the rest for the next week...we made our tofurky...and we watched daddy hobble around sniffling.  We made it through dinner and Olive and I stayed up to watch all the holiday specials and daddy went to bed.

Last night,here's where my foul mood quadrupled....Olives alarm clock went off at midnight, because she is trying to stop wetting the bed at night.  The issue is she doesn't hear it, I do, so I have to get up and yell and scream for her to go potty.  Bobby snorkled in his own snot all night keeping me awake with his snoring and turkey farts.  This morning at 430 am Eddie, the dog, got up and started doing crazy ass laps up and down the stairs  until I threatened to lock him in with Olive.  
I got maybe 18 minutes of sleep.
now everyone is going to pay.
Damn this holiday.

Ok, thanks for letting me vent...I'm sure it is going to get better.
I'll go read everyone else's blogs about how awesome their families are, and how they set the tables with designer dishes and hand blow glasses that they did their selves while breastfeeding their cherubic, non vomiting infant.  
Enjoy your day
love 
m



6 comments:

Lapetitemort said...

I was Bobby this year, except I still had to get up and cook all the hoopla, but ate soup. No designer dishes or fun stuff here either.

one of many said...

Turkey farts...that really got me laughing!

Claire said...

I'll go read everyone else's blogs about how awesome their families are, and how they set the tables with designer dishes and hand blow glasses that they did their selves while breastfeeding their cherubic, non vomiting infant.

Okay, I resemble this remark. Except you know it's not true, some of us don't blog well about real life, so we brag instead. You, however, can make the bitching funny. Hugs.

S.T.M. said...

I would have killed to not have "family" at my Thanksgiving table this year. How's that for gratitude?

Queen of the Trailer Park said...

I think my husband suffers from the same afflication as Bobby...he just does it when people are coming over to our place...locks himself in the bedroom on self-imposed lockdown while I try to clean the house with a pair of tweezers and a toothbrush! His of course...

v8grrl said...

I love you guys! Really. I do