Friday, December 3, 2010

Retro Living Room Redo....

They came and did the carpet...
here's the first part

We moved up some of the old furniture so we can start getting set up for the holidays....
You know, before the 6 year old packs her Hobo bag and leaves. 
We are required to get that Tree up this weekend, so we thought we better just make do
and save the fancy decorating for after the holidays.
 we brought the retro couch over and the retro coffee table, leaving room for the tree by the windows.  The marble table was my mom's and we will probably repaint the base to make it a bit more modern.
The walls definitely need painting and artwork, but that will have to wait

I do love the retro look, but we need to make it a bit homeyier (sp?)  It will get there.
They took the good carpet and put it in the guest room downstairs.  so that looks better and less at the landfill, right?

I have to work all this weekend so I have to leave Mr. ICU in charge.  
The 13year old helped me drag the couches up and down 3 flights of stairs, so he is retired at this point by his own request, but Bobby has plenty of energy to tinker about.

The next thing is picking out fabric for that chair I tore apart, and recovering pillows...
then...for all my super retro Rockabilly Gals, I'll be posting all my old dresses on Ebay in time for the weekender...
Gotta run
Gotta work.


3 comments:

Claire said...

Okay, let me try this again. How about a clock like this:

retro star clock

Claire said...

Never mind, I see that you have one!

Mint Julep said...

Looks great! That is a fabulous room!