Monday, January 10, 2011

The Birthday Shaft....


You know who gets the birthday shaft?
I know what you are going to say...
Christmas Birthdays or the ones a few days before or after....
But that is soooo not true.
JANUARY birthdays get the shaft.
People are done with gift buying, out of money, pissed off and could care less.
At least Xmas birthday people get Celebration...jovial times...happy.... Lots of food.
January...Nothing...nada
As My other half says
" December thru February 14th it appears I can do nothing correctly"
I agree...I'm joking...
it's just that Bubba's Birthday is today...He is announced he's given up on Birthdays
and Mine is next week, I concur.

Stupid January Birthdays.

5 comments:

Ally said...

My MIL's b'day is Jan. 5 and we're so broke by then because of Christmas, that we end up taking her out to dinner with our gift cards (the ones we get at Christmas ha ha!)

Fourth Grade Nothing

Queen of the Trailer Park said...

Both my girls have b-days in Feb and want Build a Bear parties (separate of course) so I am feeling the non-celebratory, broke side of your pain.

Kate Wilson! said...

Don't forget the weather! It's always cold and nobody wants to leave their houses to celebrate!
We just have to make the best of it, or have half birthdays in the summer!

Don't Take My Advice said...

My niece was born on Christmas Day. My sister is freaking out about what to do for her future birthdays. I'm going to tell her about the birthday shaft that January birthdays get. Maybe that will make her feel better about her Christmas baby.

v8grrl said...

@ Advice... They can always lie and tell her it's all for her!
One big party!