Friday, January 28, 2011

marriage material?

did you know ....? a flock of crows is called a Murder ?  creepy...

ok enough trivia


How and when did it happen? Where did it fall on the timeline of life?
That I may not be marry-able any more.
It's a sad realization.
I was very flattered today when a nurse at work pulled me aside and asked me if I was seeing anyone...or married.
"uuuuhhhmmmm, yes and no...but yes"
~nervous smile from nurse and a question mark~
"well, you see I'm with someone...but we aren't married, but we might as well be. you know, it's been a long time and such...no, he hasn't married me."
~What's wrong with the guy?...or aren't you marriage material?  (he smiles)
~I mean you look like a good catch to me~

Please hold, nurse guy, while I contemplate the hole you just shot into my heart by asking me if I was not marriage material, shithead.
but I am still flattered, because that is the kind of gal I am.

So I thought about it.  Bobby did hint towards marriage when we first met. Just as men are supposed to do.  6 months in...perfect timing.  I screeched NOOOOO, due to horrible divorce.  I stated I would never ever marry again...ever.
The law abiding citizen, known as Mr Smith, followed that law and never said a word about it again.  He bought a ring...and stated it was a friendship ring. 
Years went by.  
We had Olive.  
We bought a house.
We had huge fights. 
We had vacations. 
We lost family members. 
We had ups and downs.
He never asked again.
Ever.
Is it because he gets the milk for free?
I started thinking I want it now.
Maybe for security? 
Maybe for reassurance for my middle age body.

But I'm no longer marriage material.
It would be silly.  What we we do...have a wedding and ask for a plate service?

Whatever the case.  I aways consider myself married.  Its a common-law, which makes me sound trailer parkish. Nice.
If we split up we WOULD have to divorce, which makes me want a wedding even more...because that shit pisses me off.
I want you guys to know
that I am marry able...or was.
and girls...go for the wedding...
or you may regret it later...
as you contemplate why you never got married.




4 comments:

Queen of the Trailer Park said...

You are legally bound and committed to each other...why not have a party and celebrate it?! I married my hubby in a one step up from the justice of the peace type deal...Me, Jim and Hector the guy who married us...we got to move up to the 5:00 appt, because that guy's bride was a no show. No wedding per se, no reception, no honeymoon, just a nice dinner afterwards with a free dessert and here we are 18 years later...still married : )

Lapetitemort said...

You could always do it lie me...
Vegas & Elvis ;) Bobby might do a Vegas thing...

S.T.M. said...

You are SO marryable. Can't believe someone would even have to ask!

Don't Take My Advice said...

The guy fixing my furnace asked if I was married. I thought it was just a general question furnace guys need to ask for fix-it purposes. When I said no he said he had a single friend he could set me up with (after knowing me for only a few minutes, I must make a great first impression). Then he said, "but he is pretty short and kind of annoying." Thanks guy, but I'll pass. It doesn't sound like he is marrage material.