Saturday, July 23, 2011

Juicing for a reboot...what's next?

I may have told you, or maybe not...I may have mentioned it in passing.  I have high cholesterol.  Bummer huh?  I'm veg, I run, I'm not overweight, but my LDL is inching up.  Last check I was at 242.  That sucks.  Yes, as the dr. says, "sometimes it's the luck of the draw"
I'm not on any meds, I refuse.  I guess I'll just wait to stroke out.  That seems a bit selfish huh?
Many of you who have read my blog know I love a challenge.  Health is always a fun one.  I'm up for anything, especially if it can show that normal people ( 42 year old, nightshift working mom, drinker, bitcher and complainer) can do these things too.  Here is my new one...and I'm going to honestly blog it for the next 7-10 days.
I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead  with Bobby the other night and it was truly pretty amazing.  It made sense,  perfect sense, that eating non processed foods could possibly heal your body.  Let me tell you a secret....even Bobby said,
(The one with the glasses is Bobby, the epitome of health)

 "You know, I think I'd like to try that"  That is no short of a miracle.  He is not unhealthy, but he does NOT embrace health, but I have noticed that things have slowly started to change after the stint in ICU over Thanksgiving.  He is also watching his younger brother go through Ulcerative Colitis (an autoimmune disease) and it is really making him think.

Today I headed to Target, bought a juicer, which was on sale for 54$ and then headed to the farmer's market and bought a fill it up for 12$ of organic produce...and today I am going to start.   Bobby is cramming in some pizza and beer for lunch before he starts, which made me laugh...but whatever it takes.  I am going to say that, he probably won't make it, because he doesn't have great will power and hell, I may not either, but I'll let you know how I feel.
I have to go get some apples...later my friends...and if you want to try it with me...lets do it.  

Today: ran 3.5 miles, abs, start an all juice fast

1 comment:

Lapetitemort said...

I've got greens galore in the garden, kale, chard, beet greens, radish, pak choy, spinach, lettuces of all sorts.... You're really making me want a juicer.

You know I'm going to be reading along, but I have not nearly the willpower that you do.