Sunday, January 29, 2012

Clean Eating Blackeyed Pea and Collards Soup…vegetarain

I'm starving.
I've been working out and training for the Mud Run and I figured I might as well do another 10K while I'm at it.
So, I have been starving to death.
When I'm starving to death I want to eat a lot
and Soup is like Salad
You can eat a lot with little calories and fat.

heres what I made this evening:
Vegetarian Blackeyed Pea, Collards with Swt Potatoe
Ingrediants:
blacked eyed peas ( i used a bag of frozen organic)
1 sweet pot
1 bunch collard greens
1/4 onion
1 can of diced tomatoes ( i rinse them, but do as you please)
1 box of organic veggie broth (use homemade if ya got it)
seasonings
pepper, garlic salt, cumin, red pepper
whatever you like :)
chop everything.
If you are NOT familiar with Collards, you want to fold them in half and cut the crunchy thick stem out.
then roll them into a big bunch and slice them
*collards are a bit peppery…and yummy and so good for you


 I threw the onion, collards and swt pots in with a smidge of olive oil.
let them cook for a few minutes.
Add the veggie broth, tomatoes, and blackeyed peas…cover and let cook until peas are tender.
add seasoning of your choice.  I like to add hot pepper flakes.
This is excellent served with cornbread, but I'm not sure if cornbread is on the clean eating diet

Enjoy bowl after bowl.
I have to get back to my busy work of laundry and knitting.

write ya later….
xo
m

1 comment:

Douglas said...

This is the most colorful recipe I have seen. Thank you so much for sharing.