Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nothing less to give

I'm exhausted. I feel selfish and I'm exhausted.
After giving my last bit of care and fun to my liver on Friday I just don't want to do anything.
The stress of the hair loss is honestly putting me over the edge.
I'm not sure why, but it is.
I'm really guessing it is because I'm not in control.
The kid is fine except for his hair. Why is it so stressful?
I haven't found any other mom who currently has a boy who has lost his hair at this age. I'm having a hard time relating to the families who have kids who have had Alopecia since they were 2. Gives the community and such time to adjust. Unlike having a gorgeous head of hair one day then nothing the a month later.

Ilin has taken to calling his head, " his patchy, patchy head"






Looks almost like this...but with sprigs. And not as happy a face...then put a a cool skater hat on it...

Maybe it will grow back....maybe

So, I'm exhausted, I feel hateful about life and my humor is almost gone, almost.
If I feel like this, I can only imagine what he feels.

Xo
M

3 comments:

kevin21 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lapetitemort said...

Just so you know, my friend who makes hats is venturing into men's hats. I told her about Ilin, and she'd like to help. I don't know if you'd be interested. They would probably be more vintage/rockabilly inspired.

S.T.M. said...

I'm hurting for you from across the country. I wish I could take you out for more liver damage.