Sunday, December 30, 2012

RE-solution: to do more art

Every year I say this and that.  I can't even go back to look for fear of how depressing it could be.
I'm thinking this year: Not so extreme.
Stay healthy….I will do that by running when I feel like it, working out at least 3 times a week and my big one; try to only have drinks one day a week.   That should kill me dead by January 7th.

I want to do more art.  Mostly because I suck and it helps me concentrate and try to get out of my head a bit.  It may even help me finish a few things.

I really like the idea of starting things.  BIG PLANS, you know.  Start a project, buy everything, start it, then realize, wow, I have to clean this shit up.  This is definitely not as much fun as it looked on Pinterest.  
Eff You Pinterest.

Another goal.  
Continue my secret meditation practice and my readings from different teachers.  I do actually realize I'll never hit Nirvana, but I can shoot for Prahna, right?
Yoga, meditation and a few less beers may bring me a wee bit closer to the right level. 

I'll tell you one thing.  I attempted to find Zen in cleaning the paintbrushes today after Olive and I had arts and crafts.  

 digipic of Clint Eastwood.   hard to see unless you are avout 40 feet back.   Squint your eyes uo
Olive working on Harajuki .  She is quite the artist.

Well, tomorrow I'm back to work.
I had a nice relaxing 5 days off.

Write ya later

No comments: