Monday, October 26, 2015

Forget your Pumpkin Spice...Try Siracha/Rooster Pumpkin Seeds



Today I felt like a little holiday something somethin wuld cheer me up, and because drinking liquor at 9 am is not acceptable on a Monday at my house I made these instead.
Rooster/Siracha Pumpkin Seeds.....



The family carved the pumpkins and I saved the seeds.  I had seen a post on one of cooking groups about different seeds and the ways to cook them.  Previously my pumpkin seeds had been tough, often burnt, and just not that great.  This new recipe I tried was/is perfect:

Pumpkin seeds
soy sauce
siracha or spicy sauce ( I bet Franks would be good)
I added DEATH SAUCE because I love spice
and vegetable oil

Preheat the oven to 40 degrees
Boil, yes BOIL the seeds for 10 minutes in a pot of salted water.  This makes the outer husk of the seed more crispy instead of tough.  Drain the seeds then toss in a bowl with vegetable oil and the flavors of your choice.  If you choose to do sweet, don't use too much sugar...it burns.

Toss everything in a bowl, then pour onto a parchement or foil lined baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
Remove and cool...then eat....Yum


Good with beer, good with margaritas, good with wine, not so good with milk.
(just a little advice)
Really good with Caramel Apple Sangria, which is so easy to make and the recipe is over at  The Wholesome Dish.
So good, I drank an entire pitcher this weekend and to tell you the truth...no hangover, must be all the vitamins in the cider.  

write ya later,
xo'
M

No comments: