Sunday, February 28, 2016

How Could You?...returning a shelter dog

I'm going to say it here....
because all though I do not really give a single fuck what people think about me, sometimes I piss people off and then it slides back around to the hubby or family and they do not care for my mouthy opinions....
even though they are very very used to it.

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ADOPT DOGS, OR ANY ANIMAL BECAUSE THEY "WANT A DOG" ...THEN THEY RETURN IT TO THE HUMANE SOCIETY 6 MONTHS LATER.

go read about these sweet pics and why she did Pit Bulls with Flowers

these are ususally the same people who cannot even pay their own bills or manage adult hood but feel the need to "rescue" a needy animal.  And let us be honest, most animals at the Humane Society are there for a reason.... 
they have issues...
they eat couches.... 
they have separation anxiety, etc.
SO
If you are going to go "adopt" a needy dog, you better damn well be prepared to keep it, love it, train it, and be ready for it to shit on the new carpet and eat the 600$ couch....

I have NEVER in my life returned an animal.  Have I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs from anger when my Wolf Hybrid ,Eddie, ate my 300$ boots?  Yes!
How about when the lil Siberian Husky, Foxxy Brown, pulled an entire tree in through the dog door while I was out?

Yes...But they are dogs.
I chose them...they chose me....
they count on me
and stuff is just stuff.
dog love is forever.
 Eddie and Foxxy Brown
 Foxxy Brown
Eddie

1 comment:

Jen lassalle edwards said...

Amen! This burns me to no end. God knows, I call them furry assholes far too much, but I love those furry assholes and deal with the damage and vet bills and accidents as they are getting to be elderly assholes. <- That kills me too when people bring their senior dogs and drop them off because they are too much to take care of. Would you drop your kid or parent off when their too much to take care of? No, don't answer that because I'm sure some people would. Grrrrr.
And I LOVE her photography and how she's helping get out shelter dogs.