Wednesday, August 25, 2010

reupholster a chair... Step 1

Hmmm, as I move a long in my project I am finding it quite irritating, which means to me the rewards should be great!
First thing...drag chair to workable space where you won't have to move it and where you can shoot little staples all over the room upon removal.
IMG_2475
The directions I have say to start at the bottom, so I removed the legs of the chair and started on the bottom...wow, too many staples.
Gross?...just wait.
IMG_2473
so the bottom is off and back and look at what treasures of grossness I've found!!!
a HAT!!!!  
really, kids?
IMG_2476
Here's a closeup...
poor little army man
I just want you to know...kids are gross, I blame this all on them.

IMG_2477

So after approximately on and off staple pulling for 4 hours I had only gotten the bottom section unhooked.  Time to call it a night and I'll start again tomorrow.
Wow... My friend just emailed me and said the staples are the worst part...
So, far it is the only part.
She also said to watch out for dead things.
Bleeech

3 comments:

Mint Julep said...

I've never reupholstered a chair of that magnitude, but I have done a couple of dining chairs I found at a flea market and YUCK! Taking that fabric off and the shit that comes with it is nasty! I think I would rather pay someone to do one that big. So, I guess I won't be getting one any time soon.

one of many said...

I started on a chair, simply to redo the webbing. This required removing the botton. I got so frickin frustrated with the staples and gouging my fingers I stopped. It's been in the basement for two years now and I'm thinking of paying some to finish it.

v8grrl said...

Cyn...do it...it will be our virtual project!