The other day when I got home from work, my other half,Bobby, says to me, "Hey, where's my kiss?" My reply was quite quick and short. "Sorry, all out of that."Yup, all out. Gave the rest to the 3 year old's knee on my way in the door. I had an extra, but the 10 year old was having a bad day and I had to pass one over there....so in the short form, I'm all out. Next time, promise.
It happens so slowly, you almost don't realize it is happening. I used to sleep naked, prance around the house naked, even dance naked. It would make me happy and it would make Bobby laugh. Really laugh (another thing that disappears without much notice). As I slipped into bed I heard this voice say, "What are you wearing?" ?? I looked down, and didn't think a bunch about it. I'm wearing my ratty gingham nightgown with hairdye stains and 2 buttons missing...sexy huh? I got into bed. Turned over and went to sleep thinking, "I'm all out of that." Yup, gone, finito, no mas.
I don't think I could remember how to French Kiss anymore even though I see it on TV and it reminds of the good old days. I sometimes feel a hand on my arm or waist while I'm sleeping, but usually it is the 3 year olds foot as she tries to sneak into my forbidden sleep zone. I'm not sure where it went. Bobby doesn't seem to question it. Maybe he has something else? Maybe he looks at me differently now. Whatever the case, I try to dream about, I try to remember what it was like before I ran out of IT. It must be somewhere,waiting for me to find it. Somewhere waiting for the perfect moment to POP out and say , "Here I am...remember ME?" Boy, what a great day that will be. The day I throw that old ratty nightgown a way and someone actually looks at me again and laughs. So if anyone finds my "IT" hanging out at a posh nightclub reminiscing about the good-ol -days tell it to get its ass home...we need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment