Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Never give up...or forget



You see, I have been applying on and off for new jobs.  Not because I don't like my job quite the opposite.  I am grateful to my co workers and the job itself...I have learned alot!
Point being...I want to learn more, so I have randomly been applying for jobs at other facilities.  then I forget about it.
Well, low and behold...last week I had an interview.  This time I was determined to not flub the :
" What do you do when you have a problem with a co-worker?" question.
and to answer, without laughing:
..."what is your weak point?"
I practiced in the car.  I spoke out loud.  
The interview only had a few quiet times and I felt ok, but didn't put much stock into it.
Went home, cracked open a beer, yelled at the kids...you know a normal day...and forgot about it...didn't even tell anyone.
Then a few weeks or so later I got the call:
"We would like to offer you the telemetry job"

Total panic set in.  I freaked, I kept quiet, didn't tell Bobby.  Called back and asked about the benefits.  I asked what the pay was.  I did the math and made a check list.

Things happen for a reason. 
Would I have rather transferred within my own hospital to the department I want to learn?  Yes...but they wouldn't transfer me or give the chance to learn something new.

I had to change, life is change.  I vowed to keep my doors open.  I start July 25th

What I want to remind people  is if you crave change just keep trying.  Reformat and try again...and don't forget when you have applied for a job...you may just get it.

6 comments:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

Way to GO!!
Congrats!!!!

LPM

Shannon said...

Terrific news, you are inspiring!

S.T.M. said...

Congratulations!

Douglas said...

congratulations on your first day of work!

Kate Wilson! said...

I forget change can be the best thing. Thank you.
and Congrats!

Elizabeth said...

This made me smile. I am in the process of applying for a new job (w/in my facility) after 27in the ED.