Friday, December 29, 2023

Can you even



 Been writing nothing in this here blog for what?
...20+ years???
Crazy, how have I aged so quickly. 
Can't possibly be. ... 
it just can't be....
but it sure as shit is.
My body has changed
 yet, still remains semi strong, 
but it seems to enjoy making me question mornings 
or in the least,....
the first few steps of the morning. 
Anxiety has come and gone through out the years. 
Mostly in the lost years where I question value, beauty, needs and regrets.

Have I done enough?
Have I given enough?
 Have I loved enough?

 I can say with high probability a big fat NO to most of those.  I could have always done more. At this point I wonder if it's not too late to start a second career? To learn  a few new things. I believe it can be done, and probably with quite a bit of enjoyment.
Just gotta find the sweet spot of time. 
That's damn near impossible.
Like this but older, but definitely with that butt

I have a pair of roller-skates that haunt me 
I thought for sure I was going to be a disco skate queen at 50.
Here I sit at almost 55 and those awesome purple skates still look brand new.
I want to skate, but I'm scared I'll get hurt.
that's dumb.
I could have given more.
given more of me, my time, my patience all kinds of stuff....
Yet I hoarded it all for "when I get older"
well, hello Older and I now feel bad I didn't give more.
I still have time, Right?
I could have loved more....
I know that for sure.
I am the ice queen when it comes to love.
I love hard and fast, but I can also turn it off like a switch.
That is an extremely poor quality.
I'm learning
I am.

Writing has fallen by the side.
I hope to find it again....
by just writing thoughts and feelings.
by not writing to an expectation , but to write to express and maybe learn.
again.
One baby step at a time
learn.
it's not too late


xo,
M


No comments: