I am feeling so fat lately. It seems like I am always hungry and I'm tired. So starting on the 12th I am going to do the master cleanse. I picked up the book at Whole Foods last night and read it before bed. It is hard to find a block of time without parties and social engagements that do not involve food, but I'm going to give it a try. I would love to know if anyone has followed through with it, the entire 10 days, and if it was worth it. Basically it is a 10 day fast with a "lemonade" drink and drinking salt water in the morning and a tea at night.
Myssi, maybe we can do it together and help each other along.

2 comments:
I've heard of this!
I'm scared to do it though because I like to chew!
This would be the perfect time for me to do it because the husband is gone and I don't need to cook for him and be tempted by aromas...
You two will have to let me know how it goes.
jen
I've done this before and just started again today. The hardest part is the initial cravings. My solution is to do ANYTHING to take you mind off it. It does keep you from being hungry if you drink it all day. But if you stop for half an hour or more you will suddenly be starving. I have to leave out the cayenne because I'm allergic but the rest is fine. After awhile you get to like the taste.
I noticed right away that the puffiness under my eyes went away and my skin got softer. I eventually lost 18 pounds which has NOT come back after over a year. I still have 25 pounds to go after gaining weight and becoming very unhealthy on western medications. Hopefully I will lose it all.
If you like to chew, pour the lemonade over ice and chew the ice.
Post a Comment