guess what happened today? You will never guess....
give up?
......
Someone reminded me that I am old.
Exact quote,
"you are not getting any younger"
then made a reference to menopause and how soon I won't even crave, need, or want sex anymore.
I'm going to be a whopping 50 years old in January. I will agree that I am older, but I am not as old as
Christie Brinkley (64)
Molly Ringwald (50) She is a month older!
Sandra Bullock (54)
I am gonna throw it out there that they still are fairly viable women. Not quite ready for pasture.
I get it. We aren't 25, so we become OLD....
please refer to this post :
My opinion on all of this is that once we become older women, we become more valuable as humans.
Think of all the experiences we have. Many have lived a full life, birthed and cared for children, received an education, married and survived (joking), and bled for a quarter of their lives. It's a pretty amazing feat. Then add the fact that many of us have raised little humans to grown, adulting humans all the while sacrificing fun, intelligent conversation, work, and our body shapes often without really complaining. Ok....we complain, but it is worth it.
I am going to think ,and suggest, that we hit our prime around 44 -50 and probably our intellectual and our philanthropic prime ....well ,I bet that continues until we cannot empathize and help anymore = deathbed.
I would like to also think that getting old does not scare me at all. It does, but not the getting wrinkles kind of old....it's the getting sick kind of old. I want to be able to continue enjoying my prime with good health. Not bad knees and a shitty ticker.
Also, seniors still have sex....I looked it up, even though I am a nurse and I see Cialis on a lot of OOOOLLLDDDD men's medication list. ( Guess they could be having sex with younger women)
Anyways I looked it up
Encouraging, looks like I have my 70s to look forward to.
After all....look at Betty White
I'm so gonna be a Betty White
Better yet, go watch Harold and Maude
There is no sweeter love movie
xoxoxoxoxo
So, If I'm old....or not getting any younger, I'll take it
xoxox. write ya later,
ps if you ever want to make me super happy....
Watch Harold and Maude, better yet watch it with me
Screw old: 2 months from 50....
m







1 comment:
Harold and Maude is one of my favorites. I made Mister watch it with me.
And I think you are fabulous.
And deserve lots of sex, good mind blowing sex.
Post a Comment