Monday, May 13, 2019

Artsy Crafty Stuff

Day after Mother's Day and I had the day off.
It's nice, and although I wanted to just lay around and contemplate life, I got my ass up and checked a few things off my list.
I did some crafty things...
finished up a few projects and tidied some stuff which had been bothering me, but seemed daunting to  start.
It really wasn't.  Honestly, I was just a bit lazy.
My sewing/ and knitting room had turned into a spider haven and dump area for the family.
So, I got in there, vacuumed and put the yarn into the little boxes where it should live, cleaned the tables of the 2" of dust and threw out a bunch of old fabric and garbage.  Still have stuff to chuck, but it is a start.
I figure if I am going to be here, I might as well make it what I want.
It definitely needs a revamp, but I enjoy the shabby chic coziness.



Once I was tidied I used up some old fabric and whipped a test run of a scrub hat for work.
They cost about 15$ so I figured I would make a few, save some cash and use up some fabric. 

It will work to get my lil bit of hair all covered for surgeries and have a little sassy flair too.
Then in order to stay on track I headed outside and worked in the yard.
I mulched everything.
...backyard...
it should look nice when the stuff starts popping up

and the front yard....everything is mulched.  I don't think I have ever finished mulching the entire yard in the same year.
I enjoy working in the yard.  It is just sometimes a bit overwhelming, but as I work on each little section each year it becomes easier and actually seems to take care of itself now.
I really just have to maintain stuff...pull some weeds and add some color.
I keep digging up the grass because I find it a nuisance.
That all took quite a while.
But when I was cleaning the sewing room I found my trusty glue gun and glue sticks and that was my reward.
When I went to Costa Rica last time I noticed they had all these sparkly mirror hanging things from the balconies.  I just loved them and asked about them.  They said it was to keep the monkeys from those areas, and that they made them ...you couldn't buy them.
So today, I sat down and made some for my back deck.
I love my back deck when everything is blooming. So the addition will be perfect.
to make the sparkly things you need 
1. fishing line
2. beads of any sort, but a couple of heavier ones to weigh the string down
3. glass squares (you can get them at any Michaels or such)
4. glue gun


I like them about 3 to 4 feet long. I make a loop at one end then I glue the fishing line in-between the 2 little glass squares.  As I go down the string I put a bead in-between the mirrors.  At the end I like to add a skull bead or a crystal bead to catch the sun.
Sparkly, cheap, easy.
Here I think you might be able to see them hanging behind the swing from the trumpet vine which hasn't bloomed yet.


So, my day was productive. I still need to run and clear my brain...
but, it feels good to get things done, throw things away and make my space relaxing and mine.

go make some sparkly things.
write ya later,
m

maybe Ill go make cupcakes, everyone loves cupcakes.


No comments: