Thursday, May 23, 2019

365 days: Don't Margarita and Text

Taco Tuesday was....well Tuesday.
I went to Jefes and had tacos.....and apparently 3 champagne margaritas.  
yup...3, with sugared rim.  I'm going to tell you they were divine.
I am also going to tell you that anyone who knows me, knows I am not supposed to drink margaritas or tequila....
unless on vacation, in another state...or preferably, country.
I do bad things on tequila.
I used to fight....
really fight.   
I'd be fun on minute and before you know it I was on someone's back pulling their hair out.
( I believe this stems from having too many brothers and from being a redhead / bartender at the time)

So....tequila was always my drink of choice after bartending in Atlanta....It made my little 5' self indestructable.
(fight club)
This is how I imagined myself, but the badass female version...
My friends, who were mostly guys would laugh and yell, 
"watch out....the little vixen has been drinking the Tequila and unless ya wanna fight....be nice".

(romper stomper)
Pretty sure this is how I looked ....
with all my friends standing behind me

Pipsqueak...that's what I was
(ps if you haven't seen those 2 movies...you should)

Anyways , today....I thought it was Wednesday, ALL DAY....
Because apparently 3 margaritas made me lose an entire day. 
Just so you know....I did work the day after and today, so in all logical terms I should have just done the math....but I guess I was so tired (aka as hung over) I lost the day. 

As I finished my shift in the Operating Room I said,
"I'm so tired I can't believe it is only Wednesday "
Gio...anesthesia Dr. looked at me and said, "What , you guys aren't off tomorrow?" ( not really listening to me)
I said, "why the heck would we be off on Thursday....it's our busiest day"
"yeah...today was Hella busy...tomorrow is Friday, little lady"
What?What! 
I was so happy I thought I was gonna have to kiss him on the lips...but 
1. realized it would not be appropriate or sterile
2. I barely know him
3. he already thinks I'm nuts...so no no kissing for joy...we will save that for next month

My night of 3 margaritas went something as follows.
Tacos....mmmmm
ok, did you just say Champagne Margaritas are a special drink today?  
I'm in...I'll have just one.
(this got a sideways slightly angry look from B)
Just one...sheesh
slurrrrrp.
B, to bathroom....
"psssst, hey...yes please...i'll have another"
then I took a few pictures of how delightful it was ...
then decided it would be proper time to bring up all the reasons I might need a divorce, in my head....
then ordered one more just for shit's sake....
then went to the bathroom because, well you know....but also because Jefe's has the best music in the bathroom...which that night as I peed was "de La Soul"
and as I sat there....enjoying the tunes....I texted someone who I should not have texted whilst drinking tequila ...or ever, knowing quite clear in my head he does not want to hear from me...but with the 3rd tequila running through my veins...
I thought, "he's my friend...it's De La Soul in the bathroom!!!!....it's awesome and he would appreciate"....
text sent....
realize text is sent....
think about crying, because, you know ...tequila...and lost love....and I was happy 2 minutes ago, now I'm sad a bit, and thinking about stuff....but mostly I'm just mad I sent the fucking text....
"For Fucks sake....stupid Margaritas!"
the girl in the next stall says
"yeah...stupid taco Tuesday!"
and I say..."but De La Soul is awesome"
then I wipe, wash and mope out to the bar.
Ok, B...let's go...
On the way home...Tequila had me open the gates of discussion 
"hey, how do YOU feel about this roommate thing we have going on?"
Blank stare...B:"why are you even starting this right now?'
I don't fucking know...."tequila?maybe?"

shhhhhh M......shhhhhhhhhhh
make it home with mouth shut
no Fight Club tonight.
Got home and decided to walk the dog so that I didn't get all Romper Stomper.
so I walked and got a few texts from friends who always seem to text at perfect times.  
I drunkenly sent texts of the golf course...
where I got a funny text back that said..."I would love to play golf poorly there with you, my friend...and I'll let ya drink tequila and fight."
and another from a girlfriend that said , "well...did ya send nekkid pics out?"
I said ...."hmmm well not yet but it is only 9:15"...
ok you got my number. :))

so...Tequila....or champagne margaritas....you got me good.  
I lost a day.
I sent a text to an old lover...
and I sent some texts to some just plain loves....
I won some and lost one...well 2...because I lost a day also.

but ...
guess what , tomorrow is Friday. and it only gets better and maybe without the help of damn tequila...
it will be all right.

write ya later,
from the Tequila Texting Fight Club Team
m



Me, Myself and I.....boom





No comments: