Monday, April 5, 2021

Keeping Promises to Myself

 They, whoever they is, claim that selfcare is really important 

ya know....you can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself.

So, with that said, me and my extra 10 pounds, YES 10 pounds !!! decided to seriously get back to something....anything...and I'm easily influenced....so when my run keeper decided I should train for a marathon I clicked "ok".

Not my smartest moment.

I'm on week 2 (just started)
today was a slow 2 mile run.
I chose the bike path which was infested with these weird mosquito, flying silverfish things.
Pretty sure I ate about 30.
Here is one I hacked up about 2 hours post run.
It was stuck to my Uvula.
I'm vegetarian, this is not a good breakfast for me.
yuk

This was part of my view.
Very lovely, but did not make the 2 miles anymore enjoyable

and here is how I gelt
SLOW
Will it ever come back?
I don't know.
But I do know I want to stay on track for a while with making a commitment to myself and keeping it.
Me first.
me me me
no excuses.


I'll keep ya posted
m


1 comment:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

You can do it! Keep running. I loved following your runs.
Maybe I'll start back up again soon, just with not as pretty views and a disturbingly slow pace. I had been using Strava until, wel, you know.