Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Eat well...be well,feel well


If you are not eating this stuff...you should be. Greek yogurt. I must say it is an acquired taste, but so are martinis...so work out it. it is 0% fat and 15g of protein. I add some ground flaxseed to get my Omega-3's and it does the job. I'm a bit of a lazy purist. I never really add anything to my healthy foods. For instance, oatmeal...i eat it just cooked with water and I add flaxseed...no sugar,honey, fruit...nothing. So I do the same with yogurt. My taste buds are easily confused and if I start adding yummy unhealthy stuff, then I have a hard time eating regular flavors, plus I like to save as many fat calories for really good stuff (beer).

I started training for a half marathon. I picked the Boulder Backroads in September which gives me more than ample time to be ready. 13.1 miles...Everyone who runs says, if you run 5 miles you can run 13. This makes no sense in my mind, but I'll roll with it. All I can think is,"13.1 miles is like getting up, getting ready for work, and then bypassing the car or bus and running to work." Makes it sound miserable.

For the training I am using a schedule at marathonrookie.com. My first little goal is a 5k around the 4th of July...then the 1/2...hell, maybe I'll be ready for the whole marathon by then.

I bought new shoes...am going to revamp my diet...and off I'll run. Did you know for every mile you run you burn at least 100 calories...AT LEAST!!!! Sweeet. Running and 30 minute Shred.

do you want to virtual train with me?

5 comments:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

I LOVE Greek yogurt!

Go you! Soon you'll be running whole marathons!

k said...

NO

Archer said...

You know what? I'd totally virtual train with you. I really can't wait to get fit after my baby is born. I know it will be a while but hopefully by next summer I can look somewhat decent in a swimsuit.

Good luck girl! You can totally do it!

one of many said...

You are so healthy and put me to shame. If you saw me you could blog about me just like the girl from American Idol, "how does this happen?" You'll be amazing in your quest for the marathon. And after that I think you should do the Amazing Race!

Amanda said...

Huzzah! Great job! You'll feel so good after you finish! Running the 1/2 marathon was the coolest ting I have ever done!

I'm training for a tirathlon right now, or I'd train with you!