Real life scenario
Nurse Julie, "Have you guys tried to get therapy through Employee Assistance Program"
Me,"Yeah, tried to get it for my kid...no one accepts it"
Nurse Sally,"no shit, and if they do? it's ghetto"
Me, "It's like the Cost Cutters of therapy"
extended pause.....
"I don't need Cost Cutter Therapy, I need some damn Gucci therapy....
I'm in a bad place and I can't even get on the waitlist for the runway"
That was the conversation at 5am at the nurse's station on a Wednesday morning.
True story.
Julie, " what do you do when your family is sick?"
Me, " I want to kill them"
also me....
driving,
on the way to work,
crying,
looking at the snow-covered front range,
at all the beauty,
and at the same time, thinking how much shit I have been through,
and really....
how I just want to fall off the planet.
"I feel so much, yet so little...I cry a lot when I am alone and nothing brings me happiness anymore, not even beer"
"Girl, that is some real life compassion burn out"
Yeah, that is why I cannot use that cheap ass therapy.
I need some real,
top shelf,
no fucking around therapy,
Gucci Therapy
but,
there is none.
I have been reminded by friends and family many times in the last 2 years that I really need to partake in some sort of therapy.
The list is long, and I'm not even sure a therapist would know where to start....
I sure wouldn't know where to start talking.
Maybe cost cutters isn't so bad?
Maybe they are the gateway to the future of my relief.
They don't get paid much, but they are trained for the basics.
But honestly,
M needs some real talk therapy.
Real ability to go back to the start and figure out why I am such a stubborn, empathetic, tearful, soul.
Is there an answer within therapy?
anyone?
does anyone know the answer to this?
hmmm
damn Gucci Therapy
I need it
we all could use some Gucci mental health therapy
write ya later
m
3 comments:
Therapy is sometimes vitally necessary and unbelievably worth it - if for no other reason then someone outside of your life can look you in the eye and tell you - You have a right to feel the way you do. You have a reason to feel the way you do. It doesn't have to make any sense to anyone, even yourself. I did therapy for a while after my dad passed and I still carry the information from my sessions with me now, years later.
xoxo
P
Left a comment and it disappeared...
Therapy can be vital and necessary. If you feel like you need it, then you need it - if for no other reason than to have someone outside of your day to day be able to look you in the eye and tell you - You have a right to feel the way that you do. You have a reason to feel the way you do. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone, not even you.
I did therapy a while back after my dad passed and I still carry some of the advice that I got and apply it not when I start to lose my shit.
Take care of yourself.
xoxo
we do all need therapy. we really do. xoxox
Post a Comment