Sunday, February 18, 2024

Hookers and Yahoo





I had just had my baby 
Isn't that always the way?
Uncomfortable for over 9 months.
Insecure and tired.
fat and alone
I knew it wasn't the first
second, or third time, 
but it was the time I actually saw proof.
Left open on the shared computer, the emails.
setting up times.
My heart broke and it was the last time I ever trusted him.
ever.
I printed the emails and saved them.
I confronted and showed them
gaslighting....
"you are crazy. I was just looking. I would never do anything. you are so paranoid...."
and the best, 
"you made me do this, because of your insecurities....I'm never good enough"
I turned a blind eye after that.  I was told I was unattractive. I was called a nag. I was left to fend for myself, instead of being together ,we were now apart.
Very apart.
I had to get tested. I had to not ask questions so that I was not told I was a crazy person. My heart and mind KNEW there were more than 2 times.  I knew it but could do nothing....
except wonder why I was never enough for him.

Now I know....
it wasn't me,
but it scarred me nonetheless
years and years 
until I realized 
it really
wasn't me.

The secret life I lived.

xo,
m

No comments: