Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend...



If you had seen it before, this is a huge improvement.  It needs decor....but it's clean.
I can now mark that off my list.
Then Olive and I got pedicures  :)
Very nice, my first at almost 40...Olive's 1st at 4.
I walked over to go under the light that cooks the polish onto your nails and smudged mine and was too mortified to say anything.  Plus I figure the lady wouldn't understand what I was saying, BUT my friend Princess Titsy yelled "She has a SMUDGE!"  (just like it was cancer) and the little lady rushed over with her brushes and containers and fixed it...I was horribly embarrassed.
I also got my eyebrows waxed which was equally embarrassing.  The little lady said "Have your eyebrows always been this patchy?"  
Hmmm let me think....why, yes m'am they have.
I now feel much better about them.
I can mark those 2 things off the list too.

Monday has now swung around and my fabulous kid came home.  He turned 12 on Jan. 10...you know 2 days after Elvis's birthday (national holiday in the South).
He got to go to sleep away camp from the "make a wish foundation" which his other little sister at his dad's house gets him.  She gets to pick out things for him, so that he doesn't feel left out...which I think is weird, when you really think about it, because who wants cancer? and are you really being left out?
 I guess the rational is that the siblings who are well feel bad and sometimes don't get the attention they need.
Ok with that said, Ilin Blue went to Snowboard camp for 4 days, in Breckinridge, and had his own private instructor to teach him the cool stuff on his board.  He now announces that he can do everything including catch air and double black diamonds.  That's something I'll never be doing.  He looked like a real teenager when he came home.
Proud, tired and hungry...with sore muscles to boot.

He also received a letter in the mail that he is the "Student of the Month" at his Middle School.
He never fails to amaze me...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The room looks awesome. Ilin does look tired and I am sad to see that monobrow of yours go. Congratulations!

roXy said...

The room looks great! I can't wait to see it in person. Only a few more days of your 30s...enjoy them!!!!!!!!!!!

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

That room looks fab. Makes me embarrassed of my house big time. Even Sam said seeing other peep's houses made him realize we should put some color in ours.

Sounds like Ilin had a blast! He is looking like a teen now (compared to the other pics that I've seen). How's his sis doing?

See you this Saturday?

Oh, have to pass this on. A friend texted me this:

Better wax your beaver, today's the last day for Bush.
hehe

Anonymous said...

The room looks great! And awww student of the month! That's so awesome. :)

twelvekindsofcrazy said...

Student of the month is a rocker, nice!
(how OLD am i)

Archer said...

Nice job, sista! Love the wall color!

Are you hooked on the pedicure? Eyebrow waxing?
I am. I paint my toes myself in the winter, but come spring/summer, I'm all over that cute Vietnamese boy.