
I'm turning 40.
Next week.
I announced to Synda, the other night, that I am now closer to 50 than 20. 50...did you hear me? 50! I don't want to say F.U. 50, but that is exactly what I am feeling. All sorts of feelings I'm having.
Last night, as I said a tearful goodbye to Grissom, and my 30's, I started thinking about my age. I have started to look more at older men than younger men and it's starting to get to me. I realized this last night when I thought to myself what I could do to Grissom. He is so very sexy. Then I stopped myself and said, "He's old."
I realized it wasn't his looks I was pining after, it was his charisma and intelligence, which is exactly what you don't find in young men...or many men.
I looked over at Booby and said, "That Grissom is pretty good looking."
He said, " He's old".
yeah, he's old...but this is what women do. They start looking at older men. Greying, smart,handsome, older men... which, for a fleeting minute, gave me a glimmer of hope.
Older men.
mmmmmm
**just for a minute**
because here is what Booby says...
"Yep, woman start noticing the older men and us older men start looking at the woman who are about 25 years younger...ones to push our wheel chairs when we are older."
Works out perfect huh?
"So, you should be looking at 65-70 year old men at the low end."
*snicker, snicker*
F.U. 40, 50, and above.
My friends say, "you don't seem 40"
yet today....
I feel it.
xoxxo,
40 and feeling it
m
ps...if you watched the show last night...we can also point out that the fabulously sexy older Grissom wandered through the forest to the arms of his 30 y.o. lover.
F.U Grissom
6 comments:
You don't seem 40. =p
I'm married to a younger man, and that fear haunts me constantly.
I think I am becoming obsessed with the spooge that is considered television (Real Housewives) because they are all over 30, closer to 40 and they obsess about the way they look which has now got me obsessing about me and my body. I want to look young forever dammit.
You will still be uber cool and look young. I guess it's a mindset and we need to bust you out of this one right now.
yes, but you my dear are what appears 23
arghhhggg
what is happening to us!!!???
m
Well, Grissom old? He is 55 and let me tell you about "older" men. They are smarter than they used to be at 30 and are also much more considerate, mellow and willing to please. Looks - sometimes - even get better with age. I do have a brother in law who married 10 years older. For years she worried about him chasing (and he did and got caught). She is now 60 and always ill with something and starting to forget things. Her mom had alzheimers. So I don't think that younger guys are really worth the effort. Older, sexy and usually willing to spend their cash on us!! That's the only way to go. Oh and by the way - at 57 - I feel a helluva alot better than I did at 40 or 45. Life gets better every year.
...ARE YOU REALLY 57?!!
I guess I always think of you as
50.
jeesus...we are old
but you appear to be in your second childhood!
;)
m
don't you know? 40 is the new 30! seriously.
p.s. our SnB is haveing a holiday party tomorrow,I know it's short notice but it's S.O. and kid friendly.
You don't look a day over 39!
Post a Comment