Thursday, January 15, 2009

Get r done like a Jackrabbit on crack

Synda assures me that things get done when the men are away. That is the time to do stuff. You know...paint a room, change a room, get a haircut...you know, get things done. So this weekend, Booby leaves me to go to Namm (see other post) in CA., and instead of improving the butt groove in our vintage couch and catching up on all good 'Cops', such as "Ho, Ho, Whores", I am going to attempt to get things done. I have a nice sized list, but I do want to pick something I can actually do. I don't want to pick a task which will prove itself to large for my slow moving mind. Here are my choices: Computer room or sewing room.

The computer room has been painted and a new pergo floor put in. When we did this part we never actually cleaned anything out, we just did the redneck thing of adding a new coat of paint and then putting all the old ghetto crap right back in. We bought a new iMac,which did nothing to improve the look of the room even though it should have. So, maybe this should be the room I pick.
I need to make or buy curtains. Clean out all the papers and school notebooks which appear to be breeding on the crappy shelf that they live on because I don't remember having 12 3" binders, 5 possibly, but never 12 in non complimentary colors...never. What I do have is 2 crappy computer tables with one nice iMac and one ancient PC in the same room. We need both because we use the iMac and the kids use the PC for school work. I have one slap together bookcase which isn't bad but is always covered in so much stuff it looks ghetto. We have 2 printers. One, just a normal one and one Minolta huge Laser printer which I can't afford to buy ink for. ***if you know anyone who needs a great business printer...I'll sell it***
2 mismatched chairs which would probably be cute if I just spray painted the hell out of them in a matching color and last but not least boxes of cords and stuff which I feel guilty throwing away because I don't know what they go to or if they are important.
So today...I shall surf the WWW for ideas, I can't really buy a bunch of stuff but I can get rid of stuff. If anyone has suggestions...let me know.
Things are gonna get done.

2 comments:

JB said...

why the hell does he get to go to namm and I can't take you to Vegas for 36 hours for your 40th birthday?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

twelvekindsofcrazy said...

I am the absolute worst for this kind of advice. My sense of style equals thinking purple rugs looked "nice."
Your blog looks awesome, btw. Hope that isn't an insult, as it very well could be, since it is coming from me and my bed-in-a-bag tastes.
I would pick the computer room to work on. Maybe check out the container store online for some motivation?