Wednesday, January 21, 2009

40 something blogs

Is there a 40 something blogger group?
I keep seeing that all the cool youngsters are part of a "20something blog" and no matter how cool I think I am...I can't finagle my way into the 20 something blog group...So I guess I need a 40 something blog group... You know... the one where they talk mostly about church groups, soccer clubs, Mary Kay and probably have a closet full of denim smocks with the pretty flowery embroidery along the buttonholes. I need someone to talk to about my casseroles and the newest romance novel. I can do this.

I have more to discuss but I need to cool down first

10 comments:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

You are none of those things.

You should start a hipster, punk, rebellious group. Then I will be able to join too soon.

~is sad that there is no 40 party this Saturday. i was looking forward to it.~

k said...

You're only as old as you feel!!!!

Regardez Moi said...

ahahah. that was great. i almost wrote a post like that when i saw the 20something bloggers. then they let me join even though i'm 30. i have no idea how that happened.

Anonymous said...

Try AARP. They've got a great blog, old girl!

Annie said...

I didn't even try to join the kiddie pool...I like being over forty better anyway. I'm far more sarcastic than I was in my twenties and I'm not afraid to share :)

supersport65 said...

I find most 20somethings not only uninteresting to try and talk with, but quite annoying as well, frankly their opinions (if they even bother to develop one)are beyond immature (which is expected) but contain no sort of knowledgability, relevance or usefulness to the subject. They are terrible drivers too: a life skill which often reflects the drivers personality to a degree, 20somethings wander along aimlessly, oblivious to other drivers and the rules of the road, they are simultaneously scared and unsure but oblivious to the concept of improvement as a necessary and worthwhile goal.

Michelle said...

I'm about to turn 40 and I totally agree about needing a 40something blog group! I'm not a newlywed. I'm not a new mom. I don't cook. And most of my body parts are dragging so low due to gravity that no amount of working out is going to help me. So, I guess that leaves out most of those 20something blogs for me!

Mindy said...

Well hell lets just start one!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog after doing a google search on 40 something bloggers! haha How great! I'm all for it!

Bren
www.justbren.com
www.fourleggedmom.com

Superdum said...

I am in!

forty something bog:
supedum.blogspot.com

Let's do this.

Kristen