Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kinda gross...but real




















(if you could only see a bit closer I'm wearing a Tshirt that says Boys Lie...and those are real jeans...not maternity)

That was me 4 weeks before giving birth to said monster below.
I have a few friends who are pregnant right now and I want them to know it's not too bad (hahahaha)
The picture above was probably a Saturday night before I'm heading out to the dive of choice to suck down my non alcoholic beer and plate of nachos.  I look back and think...I was cute.  Remember...1.  I do not photograph well and 2.  I am 5' tall...so I was HUUUGE!!!
I gave up a ton...but was paid off by delivering this little bundle of joy on 6/26/2004
She was somewhere around 9#...and they super glued that ribbon on her head with KY Jelly (I kid you not)
















She is almost 5 now and still has that scowl.   
Childbirth is crazy...it's the hardest thing you will ever do...initially.  Then you discover that raising kids is even harder.  I honestly believe this is why they make us so goddamn strong and bitchy...We can give birth and protect our young like nobodies business, yet we can also turn on a dime and kick their asses to the curb when need be.

I want to tell my few friends that I was an amazing pregnant chick.  I mowed the lawn and worked (waiting tables) until I gave birth...well actually I was painting the ceiling in the bedroom when I went into labor...  

Birth is beautiful and ugly...wrapped into one odd package.  Your Vajayjay will never be the same...yet it doesn't seem to matter...It's a secret club.  You get a break for a while.  Woman talk to you about stuff you couldn't even imagine.  If you just keep it light and open your mind you will hear amazing stories of birth and life.
You are going to love ....
most of it...
and when you want to hear the truth about something ask...there will be plenty of Mama's who will tell you the honest truth....yet they will also tell you "I can't really remember...I think you really forget that part."
You will lead your own path, you will have help...but most of all you will have joined the secret club.


***ps...the boobs are the saddest part...My boobs got to an overwhelming 44DD...it was gross

6 comments:

Archer said...

I hope I look as good as you did! Wow, thanks for that. And I'm trying to be a trooper. My husband thinks I am and that's all that matters. You sure birthed a beautiful baby!!

Amanda said...

This was wonderful, and truthful and honest...great! Makes me harken back to my pregnant days. If only they stayed in there...now they are 8 and 7. Arrrgh!
Word verification: outio. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

I love the tag...Rockabilly MILF! Nice.

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

You were nothing but belly! And adorable.
I love preggo ladies. =)

v8grrl said...

Minty...
You will be fine, you don't have a choice now ;)

Amanda...yeah I have a 15 (step), 12(mine) and the scowling wonder 4.5(girlie in picture) and at least 5 times a week I am yelling about how I hate kids and "this is why you guys have BEDROOMS...PICK YOUR SHIT UP!!!"

JP...I think I made having babies cool in Denver for a time period...then they figured it out (some scenesters aren't real smart)...You should have seen me in a bathing suit...and no stretchy tattoos :)

Jen...
I was all Belly cause that baby was too bit...the other secret they don't tell you is that its really 10+ months...you don't have the baby the first of the 9...you have to hit the 10 and for me OLive was pushing the 11th month!

Anonymous said...

Now I have a new picture for my phone!