
Obviously, not a whole hell of a lot. First I would like to warn everyone not to waste their $5.75 matinee money on "He's Just Not That Into You". It pissed me off, then made me sad, then made me seem like a bitter old crotch. Seriously.
I left bitching and complaining about how damn wimpy the girls were..plus how horribly desperate they made the female race...and then on top of that it basically confirmed all evil thoughts I've ever had about men, the reasons for marriage and the fact 98% of men will cheat if given the opportunity. Grrrr...see there I go again sounding like the bitter old crotch that I am.
One redeeming factor? It had the MAC guy in it. He didn't look as cute in the movie...but had a good role....probably the most realistic.
Oh yeah...I now have another reason to hate Scarlet Johanson and her ginormous titties. She's odd looking...and she can't sing, and now in my eyes, a marriage wrecker.
I drove home from our girls day out thinking about how many emails I've accidently come across to other woman when it seems everything is ok. How many times I've question my body in comparison to others, screw it....hell he would ...hahahaha (that's a little 'bitter old crotch' humor). Maybe he's just not that into me...anymore.
Sunday I rose early and went to Hot Yoga to make myself feel better, never actually works, but makes me feel like I'm doing something. Then the family and I headed off to Target. As we strolled down the isles getting the cheapest version of everything I could possibly find I decided I needed a Panini maker. Bobby and I stood in the isle,blocking traffic, discussing the benefits of having a Panini maker (well, that was after I explained what a damn Panini was) when we saw one of our old friends shopping in the same isle with his daughter. Bobby was poking me and giving me that weird one eyebrow raised head tilt...huh?
I said Hi and asked how he was doing, and our friend just answered with...
"P and I are separated."
No hi, how are you doing, nothing...just, "we are separated." I asked what had happened and he said he came home from a business trip and the house was packed up and she was waiting with the keys in her hand.
"P and I are separated."
No hi, how are you doing, nothing...just, "we are separated." I asked what had happened and he said he came home from a business trip and the house was packed up and she was waiting with the keys in her hand.
Then he got that odd, pasty, about to tear up look. I'm guessing from all my years of experience there was a bit more involved...maybe no more sex, maybe no more laughs, maybe too much laundry, possibly another person?
I'm So Sorry...Hang in there...bummer dude...
What the hell do you say? We finished the small talk and exchanged phone #'s and we left. As soon as we rounded the next isle Bobby announced , "wow, that really sucks...they always seemed so happy".
Yeah, I thought to myself...they did. bummer, bummer for the kid, bummer for B to have to restart at 40 when all he wants to be is a dad and a husband. He mentioned to us that he has never even really done social stuff...just family stuff in the past 15 years and he's not even sure where to start.
I guess if I was a guy I would tell him to go get laid by a 22 year old, but that goes against my "bitter old crotch" standards. Instead I just continue to dwell on the fact that people are people and it's never what it seems and I'm jealous of all the people who have that true love and I'm sad for all the people who get separated after all the time put in.
All of this in perfect timing for Valentines Day.
All of this in perfect timing for Valentines Day.
2 comments:
It seems like no matter what, it all ends in the end.
I don't think anyone has it perfect or just right. I think the people that stay together in the end understand that about everyone else.
Being a family is not like what it is in the movies and nobody ever tells you that. People hide that hard stuff. I think that's a mistake, too.
I don't know what my point is...but I loved this post.
Post a Comment