Saturday, December 29, 2007

getting ready for the new year :)

It's going to be a good thing. I swear. Things will come together for all of us...I feel there will be major changes for all of us on our plates, even for the few of us who have been stuck in the same circle. The young princess's are off to NY city in the early Spring and Didi and I have to try not to worry. Yes, it is just for a visit, but these girls...uh, what should I say...hopefully the goal to learn the entire subway system won't lead them to the pits of Hell. :) They are smart, so we will give them the benefit of a doubt. If anyone who reads this has any suggestions for them as to where to visit and great places to eat....email me!

My few goals for the new year are slim but grand. I hope you have made some goals also.
1. no more paper towels...I am making fabric cloths that can be thrown in the washer. Easy as pie. Hopefully we will be as easily adaptable.
2. My first 5k. Spring time.
3. Get thru nursing school with as little stress as possible and keep the big goal in mind.
4. Take a vacation for myself, either just with the gals or just with Bobby. No kids or stress (not that those 2 go hand in hand but you know what I mean).


I'm at work today getting caught up on all the crap I had leftover from last week. Olive had the flu and hopefully this will be the last family illness I need to deal with for a while. It's just too much to be a working mom and be the one they call for when they are sick. I guess that is the price we pay.

I must leave now and get to work. I will post those "project pictures one at a time this evening while Bobby is at practice"

xoxox
m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I'm making cloth napkins too! I just still have to use paper for picking up ferret potties (one we are still trying to litter box train)

I saw this place above Boulder that does yoga/meditation/lifestyle retreats, and I am thinking of doing that one weekend - once the snow stops (http://www.shoshoni.org/Rates.cfm)

I am writing down my goals for the coming year too! We're on the same wavelength, haha

Jenny