Monday, December 31, 2007

NPR and a little thought

This morning on the way in to work I heard this fabulous little "resolution" on NPR. It was about "not taking it personal" I am going to incorporate this into my New Year's goals.

Don't take it personal, so easily said, yet so hard to do, but if you can, life's doors open oppose to close. I have told Snowy many times that when she gets a reply or an odd answer from her father, to remember where it is coming from. I think we all need to just continue to do the best we can and give the love and support we do, to the people we encounter, and NOT take it personally when they are unable to give us the response that we want. It's not personal, people give what they can and know how to.

I will try to do this when Bobby blames me, or someone else, for a trivial problem. It's not his fault, it's just the way he is. It's not my fault, and I can't do anything about it. No amount of yelling is going to change it, but when I don't react in a "personal manner" then it just slides away. Water off a duck's back. Zip.

If someone sends me a mistake I made at work. It's not personal, it's work. I'll try to do it better. It's the only way to get things done.

The hardest aspect of this is in relationships, as I stated above. Everyone has their own agenda and each of us cross another's paths on our own way. Instead of getting hung up on the issues brought on by others, just let it go. How liberating. They have their life to live and we each have our's. Just do your best, be your best, and pay it forward, don't expect too much and I believe sooner or later it will come back in gold.
xoxox
m

give this a try:
Go thru a Starbucks drive thru or even at the counter and buy the person behind you their coffee. Just ask the window person how many people she sees in the car...usually one or 2 and give her 10$ and say, "I want to pay it forward and buy their coffee,could you let them know...and here is a few extra dollars just in case they get something crazy :) " Something so trivial won't change the world, but it will give a single person hope for mankind. I swear. Try it....and let me know. :)

No comments: