I know some of you girls at work call me Ms. Green Jeans, but I'm NOT as green as most. I made a promise to myself last year that I would change the way I live. I made this decision when I was throwing something away, probably a plastic container, or possibly I was somewhere like TN. where they do not recycle curbside. I thought...I don't have to throw this away...I can recycle. Yes, it does take a bit more effort but it is worth it. Bobby says, what's the difference? You can't change the world. You can change the world and you can change the way you live in the world and maybe you won't see the difference today or tomorrow, but you will feel the difference in your heart. It's a feeling of accomplishment that I feel. I want to be an example of what a person can do and you DONT have to be a stinky hippie to do these things. You can be cool, you can be yourself, you don't have to preach...just do by example.
Recycle!!!
We are lucky enough to have curbside recycling, but they don't take everything. they take plastics,cans,glass, and mail. I pack up all the cardboard and paperboard and take it to ecocycle myself. I do this once a month. It's painless.
I take the batteries to work...they recycle them.
Compost
Not everyone can do this, but if you live in a house and you have a bit of yard space you can. All of your scrap food except for meat products can be put in a bin and they take care of theirselves. My good friend, Cathy, gave me a compost bin which she wasn't using and that is what I use. Before I had that I used just a corner of the ayrd and thru everything in it along with leaves and grass. Makes perfect additions to the potting soil in the spring.
After I do all these things....I barely have any garbage. !!!!!
Simple as Pie.
As you know I made the commitment to become more active. I started working out,running and keeping track of what I eat. I illiminated alot of refined sugars in our diets and work helped me to incorporate more veggies daily into my life by doing the strive for 5!
2008 is going to be a grand year. I feel good...I want everyone around me to feel good and see the beauty.
let's do it!
m
No comments:
Post a Comment