
Remember all that complaining about school? Well now I'm really going to complain.
I'm irritated. I'm irritated that school is the way to go, so I did that, yet I can't get a job with the LPN lisc. I got. It's killing me. I am one of those people who wants to help people. I enjoy it, but an online resume just doesn't come through for me. I am smart. I can use computers (which is saying more than most), I am friendly, and I'm an excellent employee...why can't someone give me a try? "We need more experience"...Yeah I get that part of it, but how the EFF do I get experience if no one will hire me? I will be going onto RN and I know there are a ton of jobs for RN's but what if the same thing happens? What if they say, "new grad? no thanks?"
Right now, I just keep plodding on. I have applied for about 25 jobs. Nothing. One place actually said my schedule was too busy. Hello? I can't quit the job I have to just go look for other jobs...would that be smart? Come on...I told them I am actively looking for a LPN job, my current employment knows this and is encouraging me to continue on with nursing, so if I find a LPN job I will leave this job for the new. What's the big deal?
Well...I can't make things happen. What happens happens....
Yesterday I put it all aside and just sat and knitted. Told myself to finish something it will make me feel better. I went to school in the evening and when I got home Ilin (12 year old) had made dinner for me :) He made our favorite Toodly Noodle. It was in the fridge just waiting for us.
it was so nice. then he made cookies. ...that was even nicer.
I guess something pay off.
5 comments:
That stinks big time. Is it possible that one of the places that you did clinicals at will hire you? When I was doing respiratory/cardiopulmonary tech schooling, they told us that most of the places that we did clinicals at wound up hiring people who went through. ?
You are raising the best boy evah. =)
I really, really wished you lived closer because I would love to have a stitch-n-bitch night with cocktails.
Hang in there. Something will click before you know it. Good luck!
I want to say "stay the course" but that's too Bushy. So I think I'll settle for hang in there. At least in WI I think they almost solely look to hire RNs and they hire all the time when people are just out of school. There's such a big shortage of RNs. Your work will pay off and you will get that nursing job you want.
Best thing to do about the new grad, is while in school get into the department as a tech or assistant part time or pool. Then, when you get your RN, roll into the bosses office and demand a job. Thats how we did it in my hood. Worked too! 1st year nurses in the ER!
Hang in there.
thanks you guys...
I'm trying to pick up an MA job here at the hospital in the "float" pool so maybe that will help :)
Post a Comment