Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Hellllllo October, you Bitch


Oh, October in Colorado.  One of the persnickiest times of the year.
One day 78 degrees and clear ....


Isn't it lovely?
All less than 12 hours later.



Same view....
17 degrees. 


No worries though, this is why we love Colorado, she is as unpredictable as a, well, let's say a woman who has been on the wagon for 17 days, attempting to figure out what to do with all her free time not spent drinking or surfing IG or Facebook.
"Shall I have an acid flavored Kombucha?....or a cucumber water?"
"Shall I knit or shall I clean and sort my entire sewing room, then decide to finish all projects which were left unfinished from years ago?"

Guess what ?
All of the above.
SoberOctober is proving itself to be quite productive, not only for projects , but for clearing my mind and getting my lonely lost head straight. 
Two Thumbs up, M!.
 yeah Kanye, we get it 
"MAGA"....and that is starting with my sewing room and brain.

Let's see, just for the idle chatter, I knitted a sweater, sewed a bag (little hexagon appliqué pictured below), got a Fitbit, been working out, am getting a BMI body scan, repotted all the outdoor plants to bring inside and planned a trip to Nashville


Who doesn't love Hexagons?
All of this while sober.  
I may just keep it up into November (probably not, because my friends are so not supportive).

I am still grieving the loss of a friendship which brought me much joy....but it will be ok. 
Everything works out in the end, one way or another, it is just weird to hear someone say they will be there, then , well.....go silent.
Part of my Yoga, workout, run therapy also involves lessons in patience. 
It's kind of cool.
I am working just being me. 
It's all good when you can look at yourself and laugh...give people hugs....and  say "good things happen to good people and mean it". 

I missed out (self inflicted) on a once in a lifetime trip to Machu Picchu, which was to start tomorrow, because 
1. guilt of spending $3K on myself
2. a little bit scared
3. head not quite where it needed to be to travel and enjoy.
it's ok....there will be more trips....right?


(yes that is grey hair...the red is being replaced by silver)

This is me....at work, 
washing my hands so that I can pass out some more hugs.

Try it.

I'll keep ya posted on my plans.
Nashville, Bryce National Park 1/2, then hopefully Italy and or Greece....although I have heard Croatia is quite nice. 


xoxox,
write ya later,
m



No comments: