Monday, April 1, 2019

Parenting with no Handbook. Death Part 2: .......64 Liters of Tears

I am not sure how a body can continue to produce so many tears,
they just continue
to flow....
stop. I say....
just stop
but they don't, 

The average person cries 64 Liters of tears in their lifetime and I am going to say this does not include trauma.

As the week has passed it only appears to get harder for the loved ones trying to find answers.
To sort through the life of what is left


"everyone has a secret life" I said as he sorts through all that remains.
Old purses, notebooks, clothes, bags....
I just didn't know, Mom....I just didn't know.


knowing the love was so strong, treasures were found with the evils 
but it is neither here nor there....
it really doesn't change anything
except to one.


He had to adult in a way no young person should have to.
Her mom requested he arrange everything she would want....
because, in all honesty, he knew her. 
They talked about death
He knew what she would want


She would want a natural burial...
no chemicals, maybe buried under a tree....
with a crown of flowers, like a princess.
So, that is what they did.

3/24/19

Her body was transferred to a small place where she could be seen once again,
before her soul would be set completely free.
My heart broke for him....
I was nervous for him....
death is not only cruel, but often ugly.
She was gently placed upon a table and he was allowed to go in alone...
Just him and her....
he told me, "Mom, she is so beautiful. I am so thankful I got to see her like this....and let go of the last time I saw her.
I kissed her and held her....
and we talked."

He dressed her in the vintage robe she wore at home, 
washed her hair and anointed her body with beautiful oils.
He traced the deep Y-incision with his warm hands upon her cold chest.
She was draped with a beautiful white cloth 
He placed his carefully made crown upon her head and spread fresh flowers delicately around her
Beautiful
She was so beautiful 
His lover, His best friend, His Muse.
Beautiful

He stood for 5 hours, one hand on her heart and one hand holding the other....
Beautiful

I met them for a short time and I cried at her beauty.
no makeup, perfect freckles, and lips still perfectly full.
The crown of flowers was perfect.
I cried for her, for him and for her mother...
I held her cold hand and whispered
"safe travels beautiful girl, safe travels....Keep Ilin safe from above"
I kissed her perfectly cold cheek
my heart broken.

"I will never love again....
I should have proposed....
I shouldn't have fallen asleep that night....
I should have known"

But you didn't 
and there is nothing you could have changed.
There is only a short in-between in this situation, my sweet boy.
It unfortunately, was inevitable...
you even said,
"I knew this would happen eventually ..."



xo,
M











No comments: