Everyday seems to become more of a WTF moment in life. Ya know, ya try to get your meditation in, workout, be kind, then someone forgets your goddamn tacos on Taco Tuesday.
No shit....it can really mess a family up.
We ventured out to our favorite nameless taco joint in our town for the Taco Tuesday 1$ tacos. Just to be clear, we go all the time, not just for cheap tacos.
We made the mistake of heading in a little later than usual so it was the big rush.
We waited the standard 45 minutes to sit....it's fine, pretty normal around here. Sat down, ordered drinks and chips and salsa. So far so good. Placed our order, then proceeded to watch multiple tables get their food and leave while we still sat there. Being a former waitress, I should have asked earlier, but being a female who never blames anyone else kept me from asking, "Where's my TACOs???"
1.5 hours went by for 6 tacos and the waitress finally came by to see how everything was.
I just looked right at her and said " what's going on....it's been almost 2 hours for 6 tacos"
She about died. She thought we had all ready eaten and we were just taking up space. At that point I felt bad... this is what waitressing nightmares are made of. ( if you ever waited tables you know what I'm talking about). She apologized and went to see what had happened ...she came back mortified and said it was her fault (brave lil mother fucker), she forgot to out the order in.
For the record.... I did not freak out..... I did the even worse thing.
I calmly said..." It's ok, it's cool, can we have the check for our 3 beers , chips and salsa, and soda? I have to get up in 5 hours for work " She went, came back and said the owner was buying us everything and gave us comp tickets for next visit. This is always a nice gesture, but not necessary. The other half sat silently across the table. I made the decision to leave....I could not sit there 30 minutes more to wait for 6 tacos.
Sad part is.....it was 9pm. no more Taco Tuesday open in our little town after 830. I knew I had opened a can of worms with my decision.
As we walked out the silent other half turned into a 2 year old, break down city....which I understand, but grown men should not act as such. "Fine , I guess I won't eat tonight....I don't want to cook so I guess, just fine. "
Then decided to write a scathing review of our favorite restaruant and post it.
I guess this story is 2 or 3 fold.
1. shit happens. Was I a bit peeved? yes, but mistakes happen, we are all human and it was just fucking tacos. I just didn't want to sit anymore....I have been up since 4 am, I'm tired.
2. More often than not I start seeing assholeyness in people that I really wish I didn't. I don't care for childish, footstomping behavior from grown men. It's like screaming when they see a spider. It just isn't working for me anymore.
3. It's just fucking tacos.
4 unrelated: Today I realized when someone said, " there is nothing like disrobing a man in a suit to have good sex". hmmmm Like James Bond style? I have never in my life had sex with a man who wears a suit. I have never even been with a man who wears a nice suit, let alone take one off of someone.
I'll just dwell on that for a while. Remember , it's just fucking tacos....shit happens , and if you are a man....just deal with the spider, please.
write you later,
m

No comments:
Post a Comment