When you are alone you start doing weird stuff.
This is my little window I look out every morning before I go to work.
All the stuff people send and the things which are making me smile
Every day I add a bit more and let it remind me how many people have my back.
then I started thinking about my days....
I decided I needed to change something
I was counting down the days until I went home...
I decided this was more appropriate for the situation
How many days I can go without a patient, in my care, dying.
I know that there isn't always much I can do....
but it makes me feel like I have done something.
One of the Litas sent these to me
I adore them.
I wish they were stickers
they are iron ons
These nurses were a little group who came to my room because they needed scrub caps, garbage bags, masks , ramen....etc.
They want everyone to know they are so very thankful to everyone who is so kindly sending stuff.
you should see their faces when I say its all free, but just take what you need so the others who are in need can cash in too
Us nurses hate ti have people do stuff for us.
they couldn't believe it.
Well today:
hospital good stats
1200 bed hospital (approx)
2 successful extubation (off the ventilators)
2 live patients happily discharged to home
(so exciting that the hospital plays New York New York overhead in the entire hospital)
and wait for it....
No deaths of mine and none on our unit.
the other units not so good.
On the ride home I heard of at least 4 that shift.
but this was only one bus of nurses.
the discharge song...
feel free to clap, we do, every person in the hospital stops what they are doing and cheers when we hear this....
xo,
we can make it anywhere
write ya later,
m




No comments:
Post a Comment