I got up at 545 as instructed and went downstairs ready to go, signed the roster and waited.
we were told to go back up stairs we were on call.
good.
I sat for a bit then I walked around.
got a few pictures.....
then decided I better figure out my food situation
the city is literally shut down and there is delivery but it is a bit spotty
So I attempted to make it to the Target downtown
It was quite surreal, walking down Broadway and everything is closed
quiet....
pigeons literally ruling the roosts
fighting for garbage crumbs...
Times Square....just not what I expected and not nearly as big with no people...
Beautiful buildings, and lots of stuff to see, I almost forgot I was in the
Big Apple with all the scary crime and such
The phantom was closed
I stood right here on a the street and took a picture as I walked at lunchtime to
Times Square...
No One
Social Distancing
The Copa...
Neil Simon.....
and then there was this
yeah. seems a little ironic right now...
we are afraid of everyone.
and everything
I'm back in my room at 430
I have a sandwich and I'll save half for tomorrow.
I spent the entire 76$ for the day's food today getting some supplies, so I'm hoping to make it a few days.
The more I sit and think the more anxiety I have.
Katie texted from her shift and I commended her on having her first day off in 14 (tomorrow)
and how strong she is...
she is almost done with her 21 day countdown.
so it seems doable
obviously it is doable
just need to get started so I can say
"The sooner we get started the sooner we can be done"
Write ya later,
m
Listen:
" didn't know a friend could be so small and have a heart as big as the moon" s. rowe
💜
No comments:
Post a Comment